Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bella Blvd Design Team Submissions



Hello and Happy Day to everyone,



Today I am going to share with you my submissions that I made to the Scrapbooking Layout Bella Artista Team Call for Bella Blvd. I am not as confident with these submissions as with my Viva Las Vega Stamps ones, for the simple reason that I only had a limited amount of product in stock and my local scrap store didn't have anything to offer. I am not sure if I met the required 80% of their product or not, but either way I have 4 layouts to share that I like.


The first one is my dearest boy, and his new coat, it is one of the ones that the sleeves zip off of. I used some of the paper from the Mr. Boy line and cut out shapes. I also had some chipboard accents that I threw on there. I did a little bit of distressing around the edges to give it a rugged look.




This layout is of my mother's retirement dinner. My aim was to make the circles look like balloons with a big bow at the bottom. The pink scallop was done using a Martha Stewart punch and I covered the messy corners with some pretty striped paper from Bella Blvd. The black rectangle is also from Bella and says "There is no surprise more magical than the suprise of being loved". There were so many people out that night to support Mom after her 30 some odd years of teaching, that we filled the entire restaurant and had only booked half! The bow at the bottom was made by taking quarter inch strips of paper and bending it and gluing the edges at the center, I did this with 2 different lengths and placed them on top of each other. To cover the messy center I used a chipboard flower.



For this page I kept things very simple. I used the new Art Philosophy Crickut collection from Close to My Heart to cut out the circle border and the flowers. I inked the outside of the flowers to make them stand out from each other, then put a glittery brad in the center of 2, and a chipboard flower in the center of the 3rd. The border on the left is made by using 2inch Sookwang tape covered using copper glitter ritz. I then attached the border on top. The rectangular strip is Bella and says "These are the things we do together". The pictures are of my cousin, his wife and baby and some of my other cousins playing on Coffin's Point outside our cottage in PEI.




This final layout is of my beautiful "niece" (best friend's child). I took a white piece of cardstock and masked it off, then spritzed it with Glimmer Mist. I cut out two partial circles of Bella papers and put them behind a Close to my Heard chipboard circle. Along the bottom edge of the pictures I took two strips of Bella paper and did a double accordian fold so that it would lay flat but have some dimension. The journalling block is also from Bella and there are 3 chipboard accents added on (yeah for visual triangles!!)






I hope that you guys, and Bella Blvd like these layouts! See you soon.

1 comment:

darksiderollerchick said...

you cant go wrong with rockets and dinosaurs.