Friday, March 9, 2012

Great time at WOTG

Another month another awesome time with my slowly expanding Workshop on the Go girls. I love WOTG because everything you need is in one kit; coordinating solid and patterned paper, accents, a one of a kind stamp set... I know this sounds like a plug but it isn't, I honestly thing that they are awesome (ok it kind of is). Oh and my favorite part... directions and cutting diagrams for 2 double page layouts. I always like to introduce at least one new technique per workshop, and sometimes it will be a stamping technique, and sometimes it will be a paper technique.

This month we did the Footloose Workshop on the go. This features a gorgeous beachy theme and a stamp set with great tropical features (sea turtle, fishes, sea horses, shells, sand dollar, ect). The technique that I taught this month is using sponge  daubers to create multi-coloured images. This is a really easy technique that works especially well with CTMH inks, as they are water based and stay wet on stamps a long time.

Steps

  1. Pick your colours and open them all up.
  2. Stamp your image in the  lightest shade
  3. Use the edge of the sponge dauber to apply ink in desired areas, adding the colours from lightest to darkest. I like to use a separate dauber for each.
  4. Right before you stamp, huff your breathe over the ink to ensure that it is all moist and ready to give you a great image.
Sorry for no images... I will add some when I shake this cold.

The other great thing about WOTG club? Someone gets hostess rewards, and that is a win all around!!!

No comments: